Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I Can See Clearly Now...

Bright Bright Sun Shiny DayImage by weye via Flic
"I can see clearly now, the rain is gone. I can see all obstacles in my way. Gone are the dark clouds, that had me blind. It's gonna be a bright, bright, sunshiney day" -From the song, I Can See Clearly Now by Johnny Nash-

I was driving yesterday and I ran out of windshield washer fluid. With all of the ice, rain and salt on the roads it wasn't long until I couldn't see. The world looked smeary, foggy and dark.

I was going through an intersection with this limited visibility and someone appeared out of nowhere and I almost slammed into them. By the grace of God I didn't, but I found myself intensely angry at this persons careless driving. How could they have just popped up like that. They had to have been the most careless and selfish driver ever. They could have caused an accident which would have left me injured and with expenses that I can't afford. How dare they!

A few minutes went by and I realized that indeed, they did not just "pop-up". I was blinded by my own dirty windshield. My inability to see and my tendency to blame others was totally my fault. I needed to clean my own windshield. I stopped at a service station and filled my washer fluid.

Once my window was clean, WOW, what a difference. The sun was shining, the sky was clear, my anger and frustration was gone.

Life is like that. When we carry toxic feelings and emotions in us, greed, anger, shame, guilt, hate, jealousy, vengeance, hurt, grudges, etc.; it truly clouds our vision. We become unable to see what's good and beautiful in the world and in other people because our "windows" (hearts) are dirty. It's amazing how the clearer our vision, the more likely we are to be able to see, and be aware of, the miraculous in the universe.

Conversely, carrying this stuff inside of us creates a self fulfilling cycle of misery. The less we can see Goodness, the less we feel Goodness exists. The less we feel Goodness exists, the more stuff piles up in our hearts that clouds our vision. How blessed are those who live with pure hearts. They are able to see, more often than not, the Creator of the Universe in everything around them.

Get yourself some cleaner and get that crap washed off of and out of your line of vision. May you see clearly today and realize what a "bright, bright, sunshiney day" it is. Today and every day.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: